[simpits-tech] Eject!!!!!!!

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Wed Sep 17 18:39:26 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 17 September 2003 09:25 am, you wrote:
> > combat sounds like fun. :)
>
> You bet.  1/12th scale combat sounds like a lot of fun too.

	Yeah I'd like to try 1/12th, even the planes themselves look neat (and this
OS .20 needs a good home anyway).

> > 	Hmmm I've pulled the landing gear off some models but in my case it's
> > usually not intentional. :) Never lost one from rubber band failure (is
> > that an official NTSB term?) although once my instructor was doing some
> > high speed
>
> Hmmm.  Uncontrolled Rubber Band Departure? :)
>

> There's a flight simulator called Real Flight that is a fantastic training
> tool as well as a "thumb warm-up tool".  I picked up the newer version
> recently and the updated USB control box is very nice.  They're buying
> cases and gymbals from Futaba.
>
> g.

	Seen it in Tower, I'm too cheap to get it though. :) Every time I think
about an R/C sim, I get to thinking about all the cool R/C gear I could get
for $179 or whatever it is now. For like-minded cheapskates, there are some
nice free sims out there. This one in particular: http://fms.pathbot.com
	I was fairly impresed with the demo of the Ripmax RC Simulator. Pretty good
flight model, nice graphics, good scenery. And flying through a barn followed
by strafing runs on the local bovines is really entertaining. :)

	-Matt Bailey