[simpits-tech] Back on topic

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Wed Sep 17 20:35:25 PDT 2003

ok, a topical post.

The jetstream simulator will be over much sooner than expected now that
we've realised that (sadly) there's little point in expending a lot of
time and money on something that really won't be used. Instead we're going
to settle on having the basic flight controls, brakes and major switches
function - and leave it at that.

Used primarily as a teaching aid, it'll mostly be kids flying the sim who
don't have the patience, time or knowledge to take advantage of a full
sim.

A shame in a way but at least I'll be able to get back to my helo-pit
which should bear a strong resemblance to a eurocopter EC-135 when I'm
done with it.

Maybe this weekend I'll drag it all back out again and get some pics for
you.

Roy.