[simpits-tech] Flight Racing Sims?

Brian Sikkema hangr18 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 16 20:44:18 PDT 2003

Hey,

Is anyone out there building a pit for a flight racing sim? I think it would be a really fun project (And not too complicated, either).

I remember seeing a sim in development at www.renoairracing.com, but it appears to be vaporware, which is too bad, it looked really promising. There's an article with some screenies here: http://www.aafo.com/flightsims/reno/index2.htm

Another one I found that did hit the market, but is a couple years old, is here: http://www.xtremeairracing.com/
The interesting thing about these guys is they actually have a P-51 cockpit for sale! The full-up working pit is waaaay more expensive than I would pay (They say $70k for a full-up high-end system, and that uses a flat-panel for all the guages. But the basic pit, which would probably be a great starting point for a home sim, is only $4k.

I personally love the idea of air racing, I would *love* to get some time in a sim like this... I might just have to build one! (after the Merc, of course ;)

Brian