[simpits-tech] So what on earth has been going on at Simpits?

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Fri Sep 12 00:40:58 PDT 2003

Brian Sikkema wrote:
> That is definitely one of the more creative computer failures I've
> ever
> heard of! :) It sucks hardcore, but someday, maybe many years down
> the road,
> you can laugh at this one. After the blood vessels on your forehead
> have
> healed, that is...

Here's another creative one. A while back a few friends and I were at a
Battletech Center, happily blowing each other to very small, smoking pieces,
when we hear a loud and very distinct BANG that didn't come from the
speakers. Here's what was said, basically, over the comm:

My wingman- "Uhh, did Pat just eject?"
Me- "When the hell did they install ejection seats and why wasn't I
notified?!?"

Then we smelled smoke and 7 doors were slapped forward (they open by sliding
to the front) nearly simultaneously. 7 rather upset heads appeared, all
looking toward the 8th pod, which was in fact smoking, while the
aforementioned Pat was diving out and rolling towards the door.

Moral of the story: It's not a good idea for a tech to leave a screwdriver
sitting on a ledge above a monitor's power supply.

While getting out I happened to glance down at my radar and saw Pat's mech
was still there, so I slapped the stick over to twist the torso towards him.
For some reason his mech was running around in little circles, which
shouldn't be possible without someone standing on the pedal and holding the
throttle forward. Odd.

Computers suck ;)
--
Steve