[simpits-tech] Re: Ded for Falcon4 ( A little of history ) ( summarize answering )

pigi at frumar.it pigi at frumar.it
Wed Oct 29 11:47:30 PST 2003

> From: "Jean-Yves SURFIN'" <surfer.man at wanadoo.fr>

> Ok, I will check some news about you or contact directly..
No probs, as you prefere.

> All DED pages works well ?
> (have you other screenshots)
I' m managing to have other screenshot, but in my tests all pages are working.
maybe only a couple of problems:
1) the "position indicator" is not ( as is falcon ) a couple of triangles, but
is a "^" ( caret )
2) the refresh is not as quickly as falcon, but you can count that a full ded
page is refreshed ( showed ) in less than half second.

In the same display there is also the Fault list (PFL).

> From: "Erwin Neyt" <erwin at sim-instruments.com>

> Nice work there, Pigi.
Thanks, Erwin

> I have a Q for you guys working with DED data. Can you confirm you are
> getting OK data from shared memory??

There are a couple of problems, but can be easly workarounded.
The first one is that you should completely disattend the "invert lines" that
are completely useless. The invert char are also in the "ded lines" ( there is
^B at beginning of the inverted word and a ^B at the end.
The other ( and maybe most annoying ) is that in some pages ( I' ve encountered
in the ILS page ) some times, in some cases you loose the values in the line.
If, for example you change the ils channel and input more than three value
(1111) the Ded page in falcon is completely refreshed right, but in the shared
memory you have the line completely "nulled". if then you change the Ded Page,
the lines are refreshed correctly.
(When I use the word "line" or "lines" I'm (usually) talking about the shared
memory values)

Brief answer to your question: YES, they are OK,

> I am using SP3 and getting nothing back but shit. I hope it's a bug in F4
> Glass but I have looked so long at the code I am just not sure anymore.
> So if one of you can confirm the data being valid, I can start rewriting....
If you are interessed, Erwin, we could contact directly and I can share with
you
part of my code. It is C based, but can give you some hint.

<MODE JOKE ON>
Maybe be can trade this with the logic behind the ADI
<MODE JOKE OFF>