[simpits-tech] Lock up! SP3

Inventmd at aol.com Inventmd at aol.com
Fri Oct 24 17:18:48 PDT 2003

questions please.

Falcon SP3 locks up after 10 minutes of flying.....almost guaranteed. (also
used to lock up with plain old falcon 4.0 but less often and only
intermittantly)
SP3 also slows things down a lot! and doesn't talk to my network of 3 other
computers running falcon 4.0
(Running PIII 400mhz /128RAM / 8 meg AGP 3D vid card possibly with shared mem
/win 98. Old thrustmaster FLC/TQS/ Rudder combo)

I did a clean reinstall of falcon and SP3 -- no help.  I am contemplating a
total wipeout, reformat and re-install of Win98.  I've tried antiviruses,
diskdoctors, etc --still no dice.  (Falcon 4.0 generally runs fine without lockups
on all the other computers)

What do you suspect is the cause of the lockups?
1. Will a reformat help at all?
2. Can 4.0 talk with SP3 by network? or do both puters have to have SP3?
3. Is the manual that came with 4.0 valid in terms of how to use radar /
weapons control / training  or is there a manual for sale or download for SP3?
4. What are the average specs for computer running SP3 -- Seems that the P3
400mhz is a tad slow --  and does Ram make much difference?

Thanks!
John