[simpits-tech] Projector screen

Alan D. Mazurka adm.design at verizon.net
Wed Oct 22 10:55:05 PDT 2003

lads..

from the "hideously cheap" screen department: i recently upgraded my (front
projection) bedsheet with a 4x8 sheet of foam core. the resulting
performance in all parameters is quite satisfying.

foam core is a sandwich of cardboard-foam-cardboard used for building movie
sets and architectural models. it is really lightweight and the cardboard
surface is as white as it gets. it is also very planar, so it holds good
focus (no frame construction required). the light weignt lets me take it up
or down easily if i need to be where it is.

i found mine at a local sign shop. while there, i looked at translucent
plastic sheets for a future rear-projection arrangement. just think of the
typical back-lit neon sign, and you get the idea.

i paid $25.00 for the sheet, and had them deliver it, since it would have
self-destructed if i tried to take it home in the pickup

i use the 4x8 format with HDTV ratios as opposed to 4:3, so it is a closer fit.

  - adm -

At 01:40 PM 10/18/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Guys,
>
>For those of you working on projectors try going to this web site,
>http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/

Alan D.
Mazurka
adm.design at verizon.net