[simpits-tech] U Boats

Kevin McQuarters kmcquarters at comcast.net
Wed Oct 22 00:44:06 PDT 2003

The "U" moniker was part of the model designation by General Electric and generally stood for "Universal" type locomotive equally suited for mainline service and local switching.

Looks like Bill K has the real gorilla!!  Mine is just scratchbuilt from plans and photo's and is split down the middle.  Could only fit 1/2 a cab in the negotiated space.  I tend toward simplicity and the Hagstrom stuff met the design goal for me, but I'd like to hear how he adapted the Epic boards to to his needs.