[simpits-tech] Locomotive cab "pit"

Kevin McQuarters kmcquarters at comcast.net
Mon Oct 20 02:13:13 PDT 2003

Posted a handful of pic's in the file area under "other-general subject" of my nearly complete GP38 locomotive sim.  Construction of the shell was basic woodworking involving 2x2's and masonite for the interior skin.  Control stand is 1/2" MDF with real parts scrounged from the shops at work and some lucky eBay purchases.  The gauges and speed recorder are non functional until I can figure out how to interface the servo drives with Microsoft Train Simulator.  All gauges and indicator panels are lit via 3V bulbs.  Physical controls are triggered from an assortment of spst slide, toggle, pushbutton switched and rotary encoders.  Everything is in process of being wired into a Hagstrom KE72 and Rotary 5 module.  Additional pic's and a mini review of the Rotary 5 module to come.