[simpits-tech] Projector impressions

Bob Phillips rip3700 at charter.net
Sat Oct 18 20:07:04 PDT 2003

I hate that I missed the show! Two years in a row! But I simply couldn't make it :(
Was there a F-4 there again?

No F-4, but they had a kick butt Mig17, now I know how they waxed some of us with those light weight, high manoverable over powered late 50's aircraft.  Reminded me of the original idea for the F-16.  Had a couple of Conn AG A-10's, JSF mockup, great fly by with a P38 lead, P51 left wing, and an F-16 on right wing, F-18 hit about Mach 99 with a group of moisture.  The Starfighters were there, but did not fly.  Blue Angels did the normal great show.  Fat Albert still doing the jato takeoff.  And I liked the DEA caravan with all the camera equipment.  One of the show stoppers on Saturday was Chris' boss Jerry and his Segway.  Had people not watching the aircraft and turning around to see him buzz by.  Could get up close and personel with the aircraft.  They had the Huey from the memorial flight there, and it brought a tear to my eye for all my bud's that did not make it.

Bob