[simpits-tech] Falcon views 360? (Long)

Joseph Fagner falcon4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 16 20:13:42 PDT 2003

If you go over to L3's web site (and there is a similar, if not the same
picture on simpits), they have a setup up that is essentially a large
faceted canopy.  The front is a pentagonal screen and the sides are
rectangular and reach back past the pilot.  I'm hoping that if the new
Falcon ever does come out, it would offer a scalable image to attempt
something of this nature.  Granted, you would spend a pretty penny on 5-6
projectors (not to mention the computers and bandwidth needed to drive
these), but if you could approach a 360 degree image as well as one that
covers the sight lines laterally below the canopy sill, it might just be
worth it.  I may even consider MSFS200x if I could have this scale of
visibility.  Nice explanation Marv.

Jay