[simpits-tech] BMS: light states and shared memory

Michi Hirczy mi.hi at gmx.net
Wed Oct 15 17:22:13 PDT 2003

Mark Doran wrote:

> There was one for the "power" switch on that panel which was usable from the
> mouse but that had no keystroke in SP3.  However, even before starting on
> BMS work I discovered that there was a keyboard callback for that so you can
> add a key binding.  The only other switch on the threat aux panel that isn't
> modeled in the game is the action of the "activity" pushbutton -- from the
> dash one it says that pressing this merely lights the "ACTIVITY" legend so I
> wasn't planning to "fix" that in BMS --

yeah, I think it was the activity button (not sure, I'm at the office
right now)

 >in my EPIC code I take care of that
> one directly.

good idea, but I plan to use different hardware for key encoding and
light driving (will make the whole system more modular and independent)

Of course the shared memory fixes mean that the activity
> light in the shared memory can be used to drive the light when there really
> is activity now under all circumstances in the game in addition to that.

_THAT'S_ what I wanted to hear *g*
THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKKKKKK you :)

> I had previously submitted a few revisions to the SP4 folks for the
> keystrokes file.  I'll paste the "readme" in here...you can add these in
> your own keystrokes file right now if you like -- they work in SP3 and of
> course still in BMS.  Even if SP4 doesn't add these, you could do it for
> yourself right now...I have these in my SP3 keystrokes file with no untoward
> effects.

thx a lot mark

greetings
michi