[simpits-tech] Falcon views 360?

Da Shizznit shizznit at ihug.com.au
Wed Oct 15 00:30:26 PDT 2003

a cheap and cost effective solution for a pair of light weight high res. eye
goggles with a head track mount to sense the amount of movement IMHO will be
nice to work with miltary flightsimulators. Too much panning around in
thecockpit simply not possible to tile a sphere of monitors to cover the
bubble canopy and projectors can only do so much with their limited views.

The goggles can be a stand alone wearable item or be mounted like a visor on
a flight helmet similar to NVG.

I dream of the day when that can happen. That's why I collected my HGU55p
hoping maybe one day I can throw on a visor and all the optical illusions
will be right infront of my eyes and follow where I turn my head. In F4,
most of the time I spend is in the 3D cockpit so I can pan around  and do my
visual checks for threat, formation or just admiring the views. With a pair
of google, paddlock can also be used in the realistic mode. Its a matter of
moving your head around and if you hit the paddlock key when you are infact
looking closely to the target. It will be highlighted for you. The neck is
going to get a good workout I bet  hehe.

Only problem is... What if I want to head down and look at the control
surface of my "real pit"... the google can be automatically disengage its
optics and become a clear visor so I can still see into my own cockpit. When
I look up, it will sense my head is looking back outside and shows the
outside view of the cockpit again?

I am dreaming... Lucky I am still young... it might happen one day in my
life time and hopefully I will have enough money to afford it.

Al
Sydney, Oz