[simpits-tech] Things that make you go, "eh?"

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Sat Oct 11 23:23:08 PDT 2003

Be warned, these images are _very_ large.

http://www.f15sim.com/images/F-15A/rob_intake1.jpg

He has a crowbar in one hand and a screwdriver in the other.

This leaves him with only two questions.

Time?

Witnesses?

http://www.f15sim.com/images/F-15A/rob_cockpit2.jpg
"Yeah, that should come right out of there...."

http://www.f15sim.com/images/F-15A/rob_cockpit3.jpg
"Be vewy, vewy qwiiiet....."

http://www.f15sim.com/images/F-15A/rob_cockpit4.jpg
"I'm in an F-15!  Why the hell do I have to look before I turn?"

http://www.f15sim.com/images/F-15A/rob_cockpit5.jpg
"Why yes.  As a matter of fact, I _do_ happen to own the whole sky!"

http://www.f15sim.com/images/F-15A/rob_wing1.jpg
"So many parts.  Such inadequate tools!"

http://www.f15sim.com/images/F-15A/gene4.jpg
"Shhhh.  They'll never notice...."

http://www.f15sim.com/images/F-15A/gene5.jpg
"Oh puhleeze.  I do so know how to start this jet...."

http://www.f15sim.com/images/F-15A/gene11.jpg
"I'd like to thank all the little people.  Wow.  From up here, you're
_all_ little people...."

http://www.f15sim.com/images/F-15A/gene12.jpg
"Gaaaah.  Who put the whoopie cushion under the seat pack?"

....and finally...
http://www.f15sim.com/images/F-15A/left_console1.jpg
"You call that a close-up?  Sorry mate,  THIS is a close-up!"

These and others totalling 272 images were taken last Friday at the
McChord AFB Museum.  I now have the mother of all photographic cockpit
references for the F-15.

They have an F-106 on display that is _very_ well done.  If anyone has any
F-106 parts, please let me know.  There is still work to be done on that
restoration.

Their website is at http://mcchordairmuseum.org/

ttyl!