[simpits-tech] Intercom

Ben Jones bjones at pipecomp.com.au
Mon Oct 6 20:44:01 PDT 2003

Roy,

This should be easy 'ish you only have to make the intercomm think that it
has a aircraft headset pluged into it .

>From what i understand is that the only problem with using a "Normal"
headset on a intercom setup is the impedence problem from memory a aircraft
headset  speakers run around 1000 Ohms  versus a normal head set that might
run around to 4 - 100 ohm mark .

I cant rember if that is 1000 ohms both  or 1000 ohms for each individual
speaker ,  maybee it might be easier to just replace the 2  speakers with i
higher impedance speaker off the shelf from a electronic outlet , to make
these headsets compatible with a aircraft intercom...

Please anybody let me know if i'm wrong..... , its been a while since i have
repaired a aircraft headset .

regards

ben
bjones at pipecomp.com.au