[simpits-tech] New file uploaded to Simpits by ChrisBrace.

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Mon Oct 6 10:52:26 PDT 2003

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Chris Brace wrote:

> Simkits are coming along well. They are impressive units for the price
> although I'd like to see some improvements with some of the construction
> method (like get rid of the "glue" and use small machine screws).

I think the price would rocket though :(

> We never intended to use the Simkits CCU since we are already developing
> our own code to provide "instructor" type  functions for instruments and
> failures etc. So all are being driven with phidgets Servo boards.
>  So far we've coded all the single simple instruments and they work a
> treat! About to start on the VOR1, VOR2 and AH. Again they should be
> simple. Ive not touched the Pifer (positional sensor) yet don=92t quite
> know what the electronics are doing or what signals it puts out. We'll
> use the phidget 4/8/8 I/O to read it eventually. I suppose it should be
> easy but need to do a little research on just how.

Email the simits guys - I did and they sent me the circuit diagrams for
the PCB's :) Yes, the 4.8.8 will do the job nicely.

> In all its coming along slowly. Tell me what you want to see and I'll
> take some snaps of it.

Anything I guess - having stalled on my own project, I'm enjoying yours!

> Have you got very far with the simkits yourself?

I've had them all working with x-plane, but only one at a time.

Roy.