[simpits-tech] Custom made knobs, etc

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Sat Oct 4 01:10:11 PDT 2003

Robert Bibber wrote:
> I'm not even sure this would be feasible yet.I need to do some test
> castings and price out different resins, release agents, mold
> materials etc. I believe each job would be quite custom at first
> until I start amassing molds for various parts. Truthfully, you are
> only the third one to respond so I don't even know if it would be
> worth the effort at this point.

Latex or silicone molds and urethane resin. No mold release needed. Put
master knob on sheet of glass, put short piece of PVC (4x the diameter,
twice the height of the knob) around knob, pour latex or RTV into pvc, wait
until cured.

Been there, done that, had fun :) With some molding and casting goo it's
best to vacuum out the bubbles by putting the thing in a bell jar and
sucking out the air.
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net