[simpits-tech] Lucky ME!

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Wed Oct 1 16:05:45 PDT 2003

I've been looking for a heavy duty (20A) 28v power supply for the
Jetstream project. Our electronics guru promised he'd design a regulator
circuit if I bought in a lovely big toroidal transformer. He is too busy,
the jetstream guys (a charity) have little money - and the problem is
becoming more serious as the dark winter nights approach without cabin
lighting.

Now onto the lucky bit.

Our product development department has closed down - they built one-off
prototypes of gizmos for industry etc. One of their projects was an LED
runway light. Knowing my interest, I was offered the prototype rather than
in being tossed into a dumpster. Of course, I said yes ;)

In the bottom of this device is a 28v 20A power supply. A really sweet
commercial unit, brand new and retailing at 200UKP

There, now thats lucky!!

Roy.