[simpits-tech] F4-glass MFD

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 29 May 2003 01:06:45 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 28 May 2003 Inventmd@aol.com wrote:

> Instead of those expensive LCD monitors, how about using those SVGA to TV-out
> devices and hook up to a 5 inch B/W TV that can be had for $9.99 at
> Brandsmart USA?  Simply use a green filter screen to make it look like a MFD
>
> Or will the screen resolution be so bad as to make it not worthwhile.

I've just built exactly what you describe. I've been running it at 640x480
showing radar and AI and it looks fine.

I suspect I'll finally run it at 800x600 though.

The only snag is choosing the right colours to get some contract between
details with it being a mono display.

Will post piccies in the next day or two.

Roy.