[simpits-tech] Handy Bendy MDF

Kevin Foisy simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 28 May 2003 12:27:06 -0400

I have two types...one is actual MDF 1/8" thick, the other also 1/8" thick (which I think is used for peg boards) is not the same as MDF.  It has a bit of a fuzzy texture on one side and a glossy smooth texture on the other.  This stuff is often seen as the backing on cabinets, shelving units, etc.

I'll try experimenting with both.

KF
-----Original Message-----
From: kelly Mclaren [mailto:kmclaren@videotron.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 12:19 PM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Handy Bendy MDF

Yes Kevin, soak it and gently bend it and leave it dry at the desired shape,
no need to score it. Using steem would be better.Now just to make sure we
are talking about the same stuff, are the boards full of holes that you
hook tools in shops called MDF material ? Because that's what I used, of
course with out the holes :-) That stuff is perfect for that, easy to cut,
glue, shape, strong and cheap, my pit is full of it.

Marc..