[simpits-tech] AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *SOB*

Joseph Fagner simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 25 May 2003 19:10:44 -0500

XP uses NT filing system if I'm not mistaken.  98 uses FAT16 or 32.  I
don't' believe you can stick a Fat formatted disk in a box which is using
XP.  If you tried that and got the garbage, that may be why.  Find a box
that is using FAT format(16 or 32 depending on how you set up 98, you
probably used FAT32) and plug it in there as a slave and see what you get.
Also, instead of trying to boot into windows, go into the BIOS setup and
change your first boot device to a:\ and then when you dual boot, choose 98
and boot from a DOS floppy instead and see if you get a C:\ and then see if
you can read your disk.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org [mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org]
On Behalf Of Brian Sikkema
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2003 6:50 PM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: RE: [simpits-tech] AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *SOB*

>What windows version?

98... I've got a copy of Nuts And Bolts 98, but the only other operating box

I have is an XP machine, so I don't know if I can install it on here or not.

I thought maybe I can hook my cooked HD up as a slave on this one and run
something from N&B to mess around with it - I'm not sure if it even has
something that would help me, though.

Brian