[simpits-tech] Flash! Beagle's Name Found! w0Ot!

Joseph Fagner simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 25 May 2003 11:44:00 -0500

Saw the pictures on your web site, very cool you got to see your actual pit
in flight via old pictures.  Just one question though, how can you possibly
call my pit plane (the greatness that is the F-16 viper) a lawn dart after
seeing what happened to yours?  Kind of the pot calling the kettle black
isn't it?

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org [mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org]
On Behalf Of Gene Buckle
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 9:42 AM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Cc: rhommel@tacoma.net
Subject: [simpits-tech] Flash! Beagle's Name Found! w0Ot!

I *finally* got confirmation of my suspicion!  My F-15C fuselage section
is *definately* 80-0007.

The jet was written off due to a landing accident in Soesterberg, The
Netherlands in 1981.  At the time of the accident, it had a mere 15 hours
of time since it was born in St. Louis.

If you've ever seen pictures of an F-15 taken mid-landing/crashing, you've
probably seen mah girl. :)

I would've liked to have thanked the pilot that "donated" my jet to the
DRMO, but he was killed in an accident at Langley AFB in 1986 or '87.
I'll host a virtual beer to him anyway.