[simpits-tech] Flash! Beagle's Name Found! w0Ot!

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 23 May 2003 08:23:36 -0700 (PDT)

> That's great Gene. I traced my Skyhawk cockpit
> back to the original company that bought several
> TA-4's from the government. They won't release
> any information about them. So, I'm still at a dead
> end. No Buno, nothing.

Have you talked to the public affairs office for the Navy?  I bet you
could find which airframes were sold to the company in question.

If all else fails, you could file a FOIA request (Freedom of Information
Act) with the Navy requesting a list of all assets sold to that particular
company.  It might take a while, but if they have the data they have to
give it to you.  From there, you can go "Look, you bought TA-4's x, x and
x.  Your serial number is y.  I would like to know which of x, x or x I
have.  If they _still_ refuse, file a small claims action against them to
get the numbers you need.  It wouldn't cost you that much.

There is no logical or legal reason why they would withold the
information.

g.