[simpits-tech] Bike Sims; a physics lesson (was: Re: Air & Space Smithsonian....)

Jan simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 22 May 2003 17:45:19 +0200

Hi there,
I know another very good bikerace sim.
It's called Superbike 2001(Demo available), I own the full version and I
must say that the feel is very realistic.
I use my steering wheel to control it, I tried both foot and wheel paddles
to control throttle and brakes and the only difference to me is that wheel
paddles are digital and this keeps you wheelie-ing from start to finish if
you have got the game settings as realistic as possible.
If the feel from the competition/in-game racing gets to you, only then you
can speak from a simulator, my opinion is that immersion is much more
important than equipment (much cheaper too!!)
I think the costs of building a really good bike simulator are more than the
real thing.
My experience comes from my latest bikes (VFR750/VFR800/CBR1100XX
Blackbird/CBR954RR Fireblade).

> Oh, and when you get it finished I'll bring the beers, my leathers and
Arai ;-)

> Sean
>>>Wish I could join you all

Still a very good subject to talk about, didn't know there were so many
motorcycle enthusiasts here, I thought US was HD only :-))

Jan,
The Netherlands