[simpits-tech] Keyboard encoders

Stuart Whelan simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 22 May 2003 19:22:55 +1200

Think of a matrix like a keypad on a alarm or ATM money machine. You
only ever push one button at a time, so the system can scan the buttons
in a way that it could not do if more than one button was pressed at
once.

If you want a example, sing out, I am in a bit of a hurry at the moment
and I will post a better reply if this one doesn't suffice. :)

Cheers,
Stuart Whelan
Simulation Hardware LTD

I don't know the difference between "discrete contact closures" and
"matrix switches " though. Anyone help me out on that?

Thanks for any help!!

Dave