[simpits-tech] New file uploaded to Simpits by aaa.

James Hallows simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 22 May 2003 04:39:46 +0100

At 10:17 22/05/03 +0700, you wrote:
>Yes, James.  I did ran a virus test on any suspecious files.  Just want to
>know "what it really is?" :)  Anyway, thanks for the tip.

The file itself (I think) was some sort of telnet application (the lack of
a file extension is a common trick when moving files around - they can be
added later.) Telnet allows someone to connect one computer to another
computer. Once a telnet connection is established, the user can then log in
to that computer and execute commands remotely on that computer through the
telnet interface.

We used to do it all via Telnet and command lines in the good old days .... ;)

Cheers

James