[simpits-tech] How to hook up fans & lights??

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 8 May 2003 09:58:38 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 7 May 2003, Dave Hensley wrote:

> Do you use that outside a PC case Frank? If so, any issues like grounding
> that need to be taken into account? I actually have a couple PSU's sitting
> around and would love to be able to put them to use.

This is something of an old chestnut, PC PSU's are dirt cheap and for
whatever reason we all seem to have a couple lying around!

The only caveat is that the PSU expects a substantial load to be present
at all times.

Maybe someone with a better memory than I can remind us all of the
details?

Roy.