[simpits-tech] If you use a mask for your sim, do you use the mic also?

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 02 May 2003 05:50:19 -0400

--B_3134699420_154315

These mics are designed to perform without distortion or echo.  I have seen
a slight muffling since the frequency range is not as wide as a commercial
broadcast mic, but the mil designed these to be understandable under noisy
conditions.

On 5/2/03 5:43 AM, "Ben Jones" <bjones@pipecomp.com.au> wrote:

> hey Albert,
>
> You might have a problem with your voice "Echo-ing" in side the mask,
> you might have to lay some foam over the mike , or even punch a half inch hole
> in the bottom of the mask to let out some of the echo-ing voice.
>
> but then i have not had a mask yet to play with connected to my pc, <sigh>
> they have only been connected to a real aircraft when i have worn them.
>

> ben
> bjones@pipecomp.com.au

--B_3134699420_154315

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [simpits-tech] If you use a mask for your sim, do you use the mi=
c also?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">These mics are designed to perform without distortion =
or echo. &nbsp;I have seen a slight muffling since the frequency range is no=
t as wide as a commercial broadcast mic, but the mil designed these to be un=
derstandable under noisy conditions.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
On 5/2/03 5:43 AM, &quot;Ben Jones&quot; &lt;bjones@pipecomp.com.au&gt; wro=
te:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">hey Albert,<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">You might have a problem with your=
 voice &quot;Echo-ing&quot; in side the mask,<BR>
you might have to lay some foam over the mike , or even punch a half inch h=
ole in the bottom of the mask to let out some of the echo-ing voice.<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">but then i have not had a mask yet=
 to play with connected to my pc, &lt;sigh&gt; they have only been connected=
 to a real aircraft when i have worn them.<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">ben<BR>
bjones@pipecomp.com.au<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">----- Original Message ----- <BR>
<B>From:</B> Albert &lt;mailto:shizznit@ihug.com.au&gt; &nbsp;<BR>
<B>To:</B> simpits-tech@simpits.org <BR>
<B>Sent:</B> Friday, May 02, 2003 12:48 AM<BR>
<B>Subject:</B> [simpits-tech] If you use a mask for your sim, do you use t=
he mic also?<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Just wondering if anyone have ever=
 used the mic inside their MBU oxygen mask or any sort of mask mics linked u=
p to their PC soundcard and getting a decent quality.<BR>
<BR>
My first problem was boosting the mic input so the sound card can actually =
pick up the things I am saying by building a little preamp. That was easy en=
ough... however, now I am having a problem of clarity. No amount of software=
 adjustments I make can reduce the amount of &quot;rumbling&quot; noise I su=
ppose if you imagine the sound of vibration within the mask.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Initially I thought it was a case with the miltary specs microphone. So I b=
lu tak a conventional PC mic to inside the mask. The result was almost inden=
tical. The rumbling within the mic is the problem again I am presuming. if I=
 take the mic away from within the mask. It sounds prefect, but with the mas=
k. If I have it hanging on the Bayonet clips on one side. The mic from insid=
e the mask can not pick up any sound at all. <BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Is there anything I can do to make it work better to a clearer standard so =
other online flyers can understand what I am saying? <BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Filter?a sponge around the mic? special type of mic to use? I am not sure w=
here to go from here.<BR>
<BR>
Cheers,<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Al<BR>
Sydney, Oz<BR>
</FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3134699420_154315--