[simpits-tech] If you use a mask for your sim, do you use the mic also?

Albert simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 2 May 2003 02:48:01 +1000

------=_NextPart_000_03CF_01C31055.3EF87240

Just wondering if anyone have ever used the mic inside their MBU oxygen =
mask or any sort of mask mics linked up to their PC soundcard and =
getting a decent quality.

My first problem was boosting the mic input so the sound card can =
actually pick up the things I am saying by building a little preamp. =
That was easy enough... however, now I am having a problem of clarity. =
No amount of software adjustments I make can reduce the amount of =
"rumbling" noise I suppose if you imagine the sound of vibration within =
the mask.

Initially I thought it was a case with the miltary specs microphone. So =
I blu tak a conventional PC mic to inside the mask. The result was =
almost indentical. The rumbling within the mic is the problem again I am =
presuming. if I take the mic away from within the mask. It sounds =
prefect, but with the mask. If I have it hanging on the Bayonet clips on =
one side. The mic from inside the mask can not pick up any sound at all. =

Is there anything I can do to make it work better to a clearer standard =
so other online flyers can understand what I am saying?=20

Filter?a sponge around the mic? special type of mic to use? I am not =
sure where to go from here.

Cheers,

Al
Sydney, Oz
------=_NextPart_000_03CF_01C31055.3EF87240

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dbig5">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Just wondering if anyone have ever used =
the mic=20
inside their MBU oxygen mask or any sort of mask mics linked up to their =
PC=20
soundcard and getting a decent quality.</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>
<DIV><BR>My first problem was boosting the mic input so the sound card =
can=20
actually pick up the things I am saying by building a little preamp. =
That was=20
easy enough... however, now I am having a problem of clarity. No amount =
of=20
software adjustments I make can reduce the amount of "rumbling" noise I =
suppose=20
if you imagine the sound of vibration within the mask.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Initially I thought it was a case with the miltary specs =
microphone. So I=20
blu tak a conventional PC mic to inside the mask. The result was almost=20
indentical. The rumbling within the mic is the problem again I am =
presuming. if=20
I take the mic away from within the mask. It sounds prefect, but with =
the mask.=20
If I have it hanging on the Bayonet clips on one side. The mic from =
inside the=20
mask can not pick up any sound at all. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Is there anything I can do to make it work better to a clearer =
standard so=20
other online flyers can understand what I am saying? </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Filter?a sponge around the mic? special type of mic to use? I am =
not sure=20
where to go from here.</DIV>
<DIV><BR>Cheers,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Al</DIV>
<DIV>Sydney, Oz</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_03CF_01C31055.3EF87240--