[simpits-tech] Re: FS2002 fuel problem

Rod Dale simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 08:30:22 -0800

The query I had about fuel feed problems in FS2002 was answered by a guy in
the Flightsim.com forum.
For those who are using this version (and FS2000) this is the fuel setup :

"Rod,
 The tip tanks haven't worked since they were intro'd in FS2000, and STILL
don't work in FS2002. You'll have to do some airfile/aircraft.cfg editing to
use another tank section(s) in place of them.
In FS2002 these are the tanks to work with (airfile section number at
beginning of line if you're editing the airfile):

525 Left Main
526 Right Main
527 Left Aux
528 Right Aux
529 Left Tip (holds fuel but doesn't supply engines)
530 Right Tip (holds fuel but doesn't supply engines)
531 Center 1
532 Center 2
533 Center 3
534 External 1
535 External 2

Just use the location and capacity info with another section and the plane
will still balance properly. I.E. If Center2 is unused, use the
placement/capacity info for Left Tip, and use Center3 with Right Tip
location/capacity info to replace the Right Tip.
You will also need to hunt down a different fuel selector gauge...or just
use the Fuel menu dialogue to switch tanks."

Cheers,
Rod