[simpits-tech] F16 Trainer

Jim K. simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:09:58 -0700

Hi All,
Well I thought I'd upload a pic of the trainer I have in my garage. :-)

It's an F-16 Weapons System Trainer.   It's only the frame as all the
components and even the skin has been removed.

When I first got it, it was actually sitting on another steel box frame
that added another 700 pounds to the beastie and 2 more feet in height.   I
removed that section so it would be a little lighter and so it would fit
into my garage.  :-)

I did some research and found out that originally there were 42 of these
made.  22 have been totally scraped by the military so there are now only
20 of them still in existence including the frame that I have.

It is kinda cool to tell people I have an F-16 in the garage.  heheheh

The file I uploaded is "F16WST.JPG"

Jim