[simpits-tech] FS2002 fuel problem

Rod Dale simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:57:01 -0800

Can anyone help me out here ?
I have 6 fuel tanks in my Aircraft.cfg file, these are L and R Main, L and R
Aux, L and R Tip. They all show up under Aircraft\Fuel menu and all have
fuel in them. Prior to starting engines I select ALL tanks, I believe this
is like an AUTO selection and tanks will feed in certain order. My problem
is this : the first tanks to start feeding are the L and R Aux tanks
followed by the L and R Mains, then when these are empty the engines shut
down even though I still have FULL L and R Tip tanks !!!! I also tried to
select Tip tanks only but engines still shut down.
I always thought that in MSFS the order of feed was - Tip, Aux and Mains.
I'm sure that's how it was in FS2000.
It's a pain knowing you've got enough fuel on board for a long trip only to
find your engines snuff it on approach :-)
Anyone have any ideas ???
Cheers,
Rod
http://cust.idl.com.au/0297000123