[simpits-tech] Seat Adjustment

Mark Collins simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:21:50 -0600

Roy...sorry, no pics yet.  I am following a Bell 206 layout.  But right now,
I'm only concerned with the innards...so it's not really a "PIT" in the true
sense of the word.  I'm just trying to make something that will allow me to
practice pattern work.  And...it works really good for that.  I'd be happy
to share what I have with you though...

Here it is:

Controls:
Cyclic:
Cyclic is a modified Flight Link G-Stick cyclic.  I took of their grip and
put on a TM FLCS grip, gutted the electronics and got it all working with
the G-stick.  All the buttons work...!  I feel pretty proud of that.  It was
a big accomplishment for me...most guys here could probably do it in their
sleep, but it was a bit of an adventure for me.

Collective:
Collective is a Blackhawk collective that I got off of e-bay.  The
collective is slaved through the Thrustmast TQS.  The Blackhawk buttons are
not yet active but they will be.  I have to decide if I want to slave them
through the TQS or use an EPIC or something similar that will allow me to
transmit button presses.  I need help with that for anybody who's listening.

Anti-Torque peddles:
These are Thrustmaster Peddles...the original ones, not the elite.  They
don't work well for the chopper.  I used them for years on Falcon (Both 3
and 4!  Falcon 4...the only REAL jet simulation...{Dooohhhh!  have I started
a flame war?}) but they just don't really work for a helo.  I have to either
design my own, or get a set of the Flight Link peddles.

Instrument Panel:
I happened on one on ebay.  Clean, new, and untouched.  Now I will start
populating it with the instruments from sim kits

Radio:
Go Flight radio module.  This works really well and ties into the vatsim
network really well.  I have only played with it a little but it's good
practice to approach an airport where I can actually talk with a controller.
I will probably get two other modules...the button and the switch
module...unless someone here has a better idea.

And of course...I have the seat...also from ebay.  That's about it...nothing
fancy...just practical.

Let me know what you have.

Mark