[simpits-tech] Great ACES-II seat

Joseph Fagner simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 00:59:24 -0600

Martin.  If you want one of these seats, I suggest you contact Manuel Orcera
at realsimulator.  From my understanding, he is only making 5 seats as the
interest was not there for this price point.  He was hoping to have enough
interest to make 30 in a production run, but it seems there are not enough
people willing to part with that kind of money in such a limited market.  He
was telling me he had some pilots from the Air Force base over there looking
at the prototype to get their opinions.  When he told them it was a replica,
they didn't believe him, said if felt and looked exactly like the real
thing.  He had to turn the seat around to show them there were no rocket
motors or any of the other innards a real seat would have.  He said after
that, he could make a seat, but making them one at a time would be VERY
expensive (somewhere in the range of $5000 US dollars, but don't quote me on
that).  I am currently one of those five he is making and I, too, am looking
forward to Marv's stick base to go along with my seat.

Currently I am working on the computer and power aspect of the pit.  I have
modified a built in cabinet to house rack mount equipment.  I am currently
waiting for my dad to get the needed equipment to ventilate the area with
cold air (I am installing a separate AC until to cool the computers and sim)
and that will finish the equipment housing for now.  I am also currently
transferring computers to rack mount cases.  I will then begin work on the
projection screen and probably some decorative items.  I hope to have this
completed by the time the seat and stick base are ready, at which time tub
construction/planning will begin.

Jay