AW: [simpits-tech] You're NOT going to believe what's on eBay rightnow...

Newsletter2BS simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 09:23:19 +0100

Hey Marv,

take it easy, I get also no access to this site - it seems that a German
restriction exists too.

Greetings
Ben

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org]Im Auftrag von Gene Buckle
Gesendet: Samstag, 8. März 2003 16:37
An: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Betreff: Re: [simpits-tech] You're NOT going to believe what's on eBay
rightnow...

Marv De Beque wrote:

>eBay blocked access to the site.  All I got was an apology.
>
>Marv
>

>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2162414185
>>
>>You too can own your very own German Enigma encryption machine.  Owning
>>one of these is the ultimate in Geek Spiffyness. :)

This seems to be a problem with how eBay does it's "country" blocking.
(thanks to the french gov't)

The auction is for a complete Enigma machine.  It includes the 3 rotors
(some have been restored) and it was a Wermacht machine.  (The
Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe had their own "style" of Enigma as well)  The
bidding is up to $11,238.00 and the reserve has not yet been met which
isn't a surprise.  The machine is located in Germany.