[simpits-tech] f16 MFD dimentions

Ben Jones simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 21:18:50 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roy Coates" <roy@flightlab.liv.ac.uk>
> Their KE72 rocks. No piddly diodes and matrix to scan, just whack what
> keystrokes you need into a config file and you're done. Love it.
>
> However... you may find yourself running out of switches faster than you
> think, even my generic pit did. For my own MFD I've butchered an old
> keyboard since all the MFD buttons are push-buttons and not toggles. That
> free's up a whole bunch of KE72 inputs :)

roy ,

with your butchered keyboard,   how doy you do multiple keypresses to
achieve a final key press on your mfd , thats been buggin me ,
i have done a multi keypress comand with 4 relays switching the keyboard
contacts while the "mfd" button pulses the relays , it works most of the
time but if a relay doesn't switch at the correct time some other command
may be entered into the computer , it works but i'd need 120 relays to do
two basic mfd's  ahhh thats toomuch cabeling a soldering for this electrican
!!.

ben
bjones@pipecomp.com.au