[simpits-tech] New file uploaded to Simpits by Chris Crowley.

Chris Crowley simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 05:16:50 -0400

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. Sorry, I neglected to include any
narrative with my pics.

I have just finished skinning the pit. It's Bondo Glass over Luaan. I will
soon be bringing this puppy home from the woodshop and begin applying the
bondo filler, glaze and finally ..  paint. I plan to use the traditional
USAF color scheme (which is nice since the upper part matches the color of
the inside, or so I am told). The 4 holes on each side of the pit allow
access to the bolts which hold the sides in place. I plan to put some plugs
together to cover them.

I can't thank everyone on here enough for the support and encouragement I
have received over the past year and a half, especially Joe[wombat]Bosnjak
who's design my pit is based on.
 I have some advice, for anyone who wants to do this thing of ours. Get
yourself a couple pieces of wood, some gorilla glue, and some screws, and
you will be well on your way ....... to working on the CONTROLS!!! Which is
the main reason I started this.
Regards,
Chris