extra Falcon4 keys (wa: RE: [simpits-tech] Where to get...)

Mark Doran simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 11:09:25 -0700

That SP3 keymap PDF file list isn't quite as "complete" as it could be in
the literal sense.  There are other mappings that you can make for yourself
that add a few useful key bindings for us cockpit building folks...  Here's
an excerpt from a README that I submitted with a modified keystrokes.key
file for possible inclusion in the SP4 release...not sure if they'll add
these or not but I hope they do -- it doesn't seem to disturb anything else
to add these.

--begin cut

Proposed new key mappings for SP4
---------------------------------
The following keystroke entries have been added to the SP4 keystrokes.key
file.  The code to support these entries was already present in the SP3
executable but the key mappings were not added to the keymap at that time.

The mappings are likely to be primarily of interest to checklist devotees
and cockpit buildings since the functions they add are not critical to
operation of the F-16 (or other airframes for that matter).

SimAltFlaps -1 0 0X6 4 0 0 1 "Alt Flaps"
Keystroke: ALT 5
Switch Name: ALT FLAPS
Location: FLT CONTROL panel, left console

trailing edge flaps (TEFs) to be extended regardless of the position of the
landing gear handle.  In the "normal" position the TEFs are controlled by
the position of the landing gear switch. This keystroke toggles the switch
making it go between the "normal" and "extend" positions.  Note that if the
TEFs are deployed they will automatically retract to the stowed position
above 350 knots regardless of the position of this switch.  If this switch
is placed in the "extend" position when the air speed is above 350 knots,
nothing will happen until the jet slows to below 350 knots at which point
the TEFs will deploy.

SimDecLeftAuxComDigit 1077 0 0X3B 1 0 0 1 "Ckpit-Dec Aux Comm Lft digit"
Keystroke: SHF F1
Switch name: Decrement leftmost AUX COMM channel digit
Location: AUX COMM panel, left console

channel number selector/display located on the AUX COMM panel.

SimDecCenterAuxComDigit 1078 0 0X3C 1 0 0 1 "Ckpit-Dec Aux Comm Ctr digit"
Keystroke: SHF F2
Switch name: Decrement center AUX COMM channel digit
Location: AUX COMM panel, left console

channel number selector/display located on the AUX COMM panel.

SimDecRightAuxComDigit 1079 0 0X3D 7 0 0 1 "Ckpit-Dec Aux Comm Rt digit"
Keystroke: CTL SHF ALT F3
Switch name: Decrement rightmost AUX COMM channel digit
Location: AUX COMM panel, left console

channel number selector/display located on the AUX COMM panel.

SimRwrPower -1 0 0XD2 4 0 0 1 "RWR Power"
Keystroke: ALT INSERT
Switch name: POWER
Location: THREAT WARNING AUX panel

warning system.  In the off position, the threat warning system azimuth
indicator will be blanked and the switches on the THREAT WARNING PRIME
and THREAT WARNING AUX panels will be inoperative.  All audio cues
associated with the threat warning system are also supressed when the
power switch is set to off.

SimSymWheelDn -1 0 0X3B 2 0 0 1 "Sym Wheel Down"
Keystroke: CTL F1
Switch name: Rotate SYM rotary control down
Location: ICP

control on the ICP towards the "off" position (down).  This reduces the
brightness of the symbology display on the HUD.  Note: if you press
this keystroke enough times, it will reduce the brightness to the
extent that no symbology is visible.  However, this is not the same
as turning off the HUD power; it merely blanks the display.  If you
want to turn off the HUD power completely you must still use the
HUD power switch (SHF ALT F2).  This control interacts with the "HUD
Brightness" control that is mapped to the "day/night/auto" switch on
the HUD control panel (right console).  The day/night/auto switch sets
one of three baseline brightness settings; the SYM wheel then adjusts
the brightness of the HUD display to one of six possible settings.  This
control differs from the "Brightness down" command (SHF STL ATL x) because
"brightness down" only provides three different levels of brightness
adjustment.

SimSymWheelUp -1 0 0X3C 2 0 0 1 "Sym Wheel Up"
Keystroke: CTL F2
Switch name: Rotate SYM rotary control up
Location: ICP

control on the ICP away from the "off" position (down).  This increases
the brightness of the symbology display on the HUD.  This control
interacts with the "HUD Brightness" control that is mapped to the
"day/night/auto" switch on the HUD control panel (right console).  The
day/night/auto switch sets one of three baseline brightness settings;
the SYM wheel then adjusts the brightness of the HUD display to one of
six possible settings.  This control differs from the "Brightness up"
command (SHF STL ATL x) because "brightness up" only provides three
different levels of brightness adjustment.

SimDropProgrammed -1 0 0X2D 4 0 0 1 "HOTAS Run countermeasures program"
Keystroke: ALT x
Switch name: HOTAS Run programmed countermeasures dispense program
Location: HOTAS Control Grip, countermeasuers hat switch up (Cougar: H4U).

the countermeasures (chaff/flare) program that is pre-selected using the
PRGM knob on the CMDS panel.  Although the exact mapping of the functions
on the countermeasures hat switch on the F-16C flight control stick is
classified, it is generally believed that this function is associated with
the "up" position (push the hat away from you) of that four-way control.

--end paste

If you take all the lines above with the double underline and paste them
into the middle of the keystrokes.key file they should add their respective
functions to your arsenal of things to write EPL code for! ;-)  I'd just
attach the updated file or paste it in here but it's too big to get past the
mailing list item size filter monster ;-)

Cheers,

Mark.