[simpits-tech] SWMBO of the year candidate

Bubba simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 04:38:46 -0500

Matt Bailey wrote:

> Ya know, I don't think X-Plane does backups etc although you might be
> able
> to fail the electrical system and hence disable the glass stuff but
> keep
> vacumn and pitot/static instruments (including your backups, assuming
> they
> are not electric).
> OTOH, if you use UDP or the plug-in API, you could hook into
> variables that
> are not affected by system failures (which you would probably need to
> do
> anyway, like using pitch/roll values for driving the AI) to drive your
> physical instruments, then just use X-Plane's built-in failures which
> would
> fail its default on-screen instruments (your glass stuff).

Hmmm... sounds like anything's possible. It's not real high on my list,
though, since I prefer to just fly, not have the damned thing fall apart
midair. I'm not building an F15 afterall ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net