[simpits-tech] NICE pit!

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 07:33:05 -0700 (PDT)

> Another link with more up-to-date pics is at:
>
> http://members.aol.com/wietlpachm/howto/index.htm
>

> Damn, this is THE nicest pit I've seen!
>
> (sorry gene!)

Hehe.  That's ok.  Keep in mind that Matt's cockpit is a technological
light year away from our stuff.  99% of his is 400Hz AC real aircraft
avionics.  He's a master of reverse engineering.  His MFDs are out of an
F-16, and he figured out how to drive them as they were in the F-16.  No
rebuild or anything.  He got really lucky and landed a pile of digital to
synchro converters.  If you look at the pictures, the HUD matches the main
ADI and the 2" backup ADI in the lower right matches THAT.  Even the
mechanical HSI works.

Oh, it doesn't hurt that he's within driving distance of the
Rockwell-Collins surplus depot. :)

g.