[simpits-tech] Overkill?

Bubba simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 04:33:13 -0500

Roy Coates wrote:

> They are indeed a little ott. Beats the hell out of a segway though ;)

The City of Houston recently bought a pile of the damned things for this
group of useless city employees that do nothing but give (usually incorrect)
directions around downtown, which is a hellhole to begin with. I'm soooo
glad I don't live in that damned county and very little of my money goes to
those idiots. These are also the same idiots that budgetted $11000 for
Gatorade for employees last year. These aren't employees that work outside,
either. The same idiots that just spent millions of dollars to build a new
arena for a basketball team that had a perfectly good place to play already.
I might accept it if the team had actually won something recently, but they
haven't in damn near a decade. Same thing for the baseball team. And they
built a stadium for a football team that won less games last year than
nearly anyone else in the league. Morons.
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net