[simpits-tech] New file uploaded to Simpits by .

Bubba simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 03:29:48 -0500

Matt Bailey wrote:

> Two words for you: Manta Mirage. :)

I could at the very least show one my tail light for a few hundred yards ;)
On a road course it's meat. Thou shalt not race a superbike with anything
short of an F1 car or thou shalt get thine arse handed to thou ;) The one
thing a car has over a bike is ease of operation. It's a hell of a lot
easier to turn a car than a bike, or at least to do it gracefully. It's not
really that it's a difficult process, it's just scary as hell the first time
your knee hits the ground.

One time my wife was standing in the driveway when I came around a turn a
few yards from my street. When I pulled in and took off my helmet she asked
what the scraping, grinding sound of death was. I didn't even look up when I
told her it was the left peg digging a trench in the road. She was not
amused. I moved the pegs up that weekend. She's long since given up on
trying to get me to ride like a normal, sane person. The way I see it, the
heart defect that runs in my family (severe mitral valve prolapse) is going
to either kill me or make me get a titanium valve within 10 years, so I'm
going to go have fun while I can :)
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net