[simpits-tech] Phantom pit

Justin Messenger simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 08:22:02 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1459415897-1055604122=:99813

What Phantom pit? I keep trying to fine some of these guys that have a
Phantom F-4 cockpit but other that Justin and Chris I haven't found anyone else.  I
hear about them, some have told me they have seen one. Such as it is, I think
there must be real PHANTOMS out there.

Steve
www.f-4phantom.com

-------------------------
Steve, I uploaded pics of two I know about. The F-4C is owned by Ben Gimbert and the F-4F is owned by Roger Johnson who is a friend of Chris Woodul, Paul Miller, and Gene buckle among others. Roger get's his hands on all sorts of stuff and he is a great guy, a lot of fun to talk to. I saw a F-18 sim and a A-4 cockpit he loaned to Paul Miller for a while. His website is http://www.magnumaero.com

Below are some emails I had from Ben, his email is big2@rbnet.com Ben said the cockpits are about 5000lbs in weight and about 14 to 18ft. long. They are also oversized loads due to the width of the air intakes.

If you have a lot of money you can buy one of these beast from Don Howell, 520-206-0875
Justin
------------------------------------

> > Justin: you are correct. I have bought one of the
> > cockpits that Don has
> > and yes I have looked over his stock very carefully.
> > The cockpits are
> > expensive but they are more complete than other
> > cockpits I have seen
> > without being cut up. I am trying to find homes for
> > them before they are
> > also gone forever. I am in the process of getting
> > the one I bought from
> > there to my house and I will start restoring it. Did
> > you notice when you
> > were there that most of them still have the nose
> > gear attached? I have
> > bought other items including a F-16 cockpit that I
> > sold not too long
> > ago. Have you been able to locate other fighter
> > cockpits? I thought I
> > had an F-86H cockpit at one time that I was going to
> > buy from another
> > place out there but the deal fell apart. A friend of
> > mine is trying to
> > buy an A-4 that is fairly complete minus some panels
> > and an engine out
> > in California. Is there enough interest out there
> > for F-4's? I was going
> > to buy an F-8 from somebody at one time but the
> > cockpit was gutted and
> > cut and all panels were missing from the exterior.
> > If you run across
> > anybody that is looking for parts or cockpits, let
> > me know.
Justin: I don't think he is going to melt down those cockpits anytime
soon. I have seen those A-4's you were talking about. They would be
easy
to haul back. Have you seen any F104 cockpits for sale? Any F100's
Super
Sabers for sale? How about any F105 Thunderchief for sale? I have a
friend that would like to have an F104 cockpit.

Ben

--0-1459415897-1055604122=:99813

<DIV>What Phantom pit? I keep trying to fine some of these guys that have a <BR>Phantom F-4 cockpit but other that Justin and Chris I haven't found anyone else.&nbsp; I <BR>hear about them, some have told me they have seen one. Such as it is, I think <BR>there must be real PHANTOMS out there.<BR><BR>Steve <BR>www.f-4phantom.com<BR><BR>-------------------------</DIV>
<DIV>Steve, I uploaded pics of two I know about. The F-4C is owned by Ben Gimbert and the&nbsp;F-4F is owned by Roger Johnson who is a friend of Chris Woodul, Paul Miller, and Gene buckle among others. Roger get's his hands on all sorts of stuff and he is a great guy, a lot of fun to talk to. I saw a F-18 sim and a A-4 cockpit he loaned to Paul Miller for a while.&nbsp;His website is <A href="http://www.magnumaero.com">http://www.magnumaero.com</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Below are some emails I had from Ben, his email is <FONT face=Courier><A href="mailto:big2@rbnet.com">big2@rbnet.com</A> Ben said the cockpits are&nbsp;about 5000lbs in weight and about 14 to 18ft. long. They are also oversized loads due to the width of the air intakes.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Courier></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Courier>If you have a lot of money you can buy one of these beast from Don Howell, </FONT><FONT face=Verdana size=1>520-206-0875 </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Courier>Justin</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>&gt; &gt; Justin: you are correct. I have bought one of the<BR>&gt; &gt; cockpits that Don has<BR>&gt; &gt; and yes I have looked over his stock very carefully.<BR>&gt; &gt; The cockpits are<BR>&gt; &gt; expensive but they are more complete than other<BR>&gt; &gt; cockpits I have seen<BR>&gt; &gt; without being cut up. I am trying to find homes for<BR>&gt; &gt; them before they are<BR>&gt; &gt; also gone forever. I am in the process of getting<BR>&gt; &gt; the one I bought from<BR>&gt; &gt; there to my house and I will start restoring it. Did<BR>&gt; &gt; you notice when you<BR>&gt; &gt; were there that most of them still have the nose<BR>&gt; &gt; gear attached? I have<BR>&gt; &gt; bought other items including a F-16 cockpit that I<BR>&gt; &gt; sold not too long<BR>&gt; &gt; ago. Have you been able to locate other fighter<BR>&gt; &gt; cockpits? I thought I<BR>&gt; &gt; had an F-86H cockpit at one time that I was going to<BR>&gt; &gt; buy from another<BR>&gt; &gt; place out
 there but the deal fell apart. A friend of<BR>&gt; &gt; mine is trying to<BR>&gt; &gt; buy an A-4 that is fairly complete minus some panels<BR>&gt; &gt; and an engine out<BR>&gt; &gt; in California. Is there enough interest out there<BR>&gt; &gt; for F-4's? I was going<BR>&gt; &gt; to buy an F-8 from somebody at one time but the<BR>&gt; &gt; cockpit was gutted and<BR>&gt; &gt; cut and all panels were missing from the exterior.<BR>&gt; &gt; If you run across<BR>&gt; &gt; anybody that is looking for parts or cockpits, let<BR>&gt; &gt; me know.<BR>Justin: I don't think he is going to melt down those cockpits anytime<BR>soon. I have seen those A-4's you were talking about. They would be <BR>easy<BR>to haul back. Have you seen any F104 cockpits for sale? Any F100's <BR>Super<BR>Sabers for sale? How about any F105 Thunderchief for sale? I have a<BR>friend that would like to have an F104 cockpit.<BR><BR><BR>Ben<BR></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1459415897-1055604122=:99813--