[simpits-tech] SDK for SimKits Announced (fwd)

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:45:49 +0100 (BST)

FYI!

Roy.

      SDK for SimKits Announced
      If you are a cockpit builder with programming skills, SimKits will
make you happy! Latest at then end of June, SimKits will release the first
two versions (1 & 2) of the SimKits SDK (Software Development Kit) for the
C-language. With the use of the SDK, you can drive the SimKits devices from
your own software via simple function calls.

      It is possible to read data from, and write data to SimKits devices
via the CCU. Since the communication between the SimKits driver software
(controlling the CCU board) and the SDK software is done via TCP/IP, you can
either drive the devices from another computer over a network, or from the
same computer where the CCU is installed.

      Using the SDK, all I/O lines of the Central Control Unit are
accessable as devices (an Airspeed Indicator is a Device, like a Switch is a
Device). So now you can even control inputs as there are for the Yoke,
Rudder Pedals, Digital Clock, Switches, Circuit Breakers, etc. The SDK does
not alow you to write or read to or from individual I/O pins on the CCU.

      Devices are controlled using Function Calls. For example, to position
the Altimeter on an altitude of 12.000 feet, using a Function Call you write
simply the values "ALTIMETER 15000". Or to set the Airspeed indicator to
98.5 Knots, you use the values "AIRSPEED 98.5".

      The SDK becomes available for the following programming languages:

      Language/Environment:
      1. Microsoft Visual C++
      2. Borland C++ Builder
      3. Microsoft Visual Basic
      4. Borland Delphi

      As this software will be distributed free of charge, we will not give
extensive support on how to write software, since programming knowledge is
expected and it is up to you how you use the SDK. However, if you find a bug
in the SDK, full software support will be given. A special section in the
forum will be opened for discussions on the SDK. Tutorials and a sample
programs will be supplied for every programming language.

      We will send you an email at the moment the SDKs are released!

      Happy Landings!

      The SimKits Team
      http://www.simkits.com