[simpits-tech] 5.6" LCD screen

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:43:47 +0100 (BST)

Stage 1:  Last night I removed this wee beastie from its housing, the
actualy display is really small (1/2" thick) and with very little extra
real-estate around the edge of the screen. This means the buttons can be
located easily.

There are a couple of additional circuit boards but these will easily
relocate to _behind_ the display out of the way.

This was a really good way to go and beats the mini-TV option by a mile
for not much more money!

Over the next few days it'll all be housed in a new box ready for mouting
into the instrument panel - I'll post pics.

For any UK pitters, best source for mini LCD's I've found is:
http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?ProductCode=GC0317
which is a 5.4" gamecube screen at 59.99 delivered.

Roy.