[simpits-tech] Falcon4 shared memory

Michi Hirczy simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 06 Jun 2003 11:49:38 +0200

Chris Crowley wrote:
> I don’t have the answer, but just to clarify, are you using SP 3? I
> understand the memory locations changed from the original to SP3. Not
> sure what SP4 is going to bring, but it will be out in the near future..

not much, since sp4 are just data edits..
for more info in ram an .exe-edit would be necessary.

> *Question for the Falconites hereabouts: has anyone mapped out operation
> of the shared memory area and the various data elements in it??*

working on it..

> *For example, it seems well known that the Master Caution lightbit
> doesn’t update if the button is not drawn on the screen at the time it’s
> state should change.  We also see “Engine Fire” and “Hyd/Oil-Press”
> eyebrow lights update sometimes but not all the time.

yes, that's a big prob with the shared mem. I'm working on a method,
which checks the data which is always available, and depending on this
data, the MCaution lights up.. still research phase

>Landing gear
> light bits don’t seem to update ever.  That sort of thing.*

already worked out, here's my VB code:

----------------------------------

noseGearOK = 1.570795
leftGearOK = 1.308996
rightGearOK = 1.308996

firstChip(17) = F.NoseGearPos > noseGearOK   ' NoseGear
firstChip(18) = F.LeftGearPos > leftGearOK   ' LeftGear
firstChip(19) = F.RightGearPos > rightGearOK ' RightGear
firstChip(20) = ((F.gearPos > 0) And (F.gearPos < 1)) Or ((F.gearPos =
1) And ((F.NoseGearPos <= noseGearOK) Or (F.LeftGearPos <= leftGearOK)
Or (F.RightGearPos <= rightGearOK))) 'gearHandle

HTH
michi
--
%  http://www.f16simulator.net  %