[simpits-tech] Re: Simpits-tech digest, Vol 1 #1029 - 13 msgs

Stig Joergensen simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 17:06:40 +0200

Well - The rule of swap allocations is basicly ok

BUT

2x RAM installed is just for basic use of word ect - if you, like me,
like to have many services / applications running dormat, increase the
swap size in steps (4x, 8x times ram)....

and this is for NT freaks who, like me, have enough RAM available....

set the following registry value to 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
Manager\Memory Management\disablePagingExecutive

This will allow the os to be in memory all the time, regardless of
memory allocation, hence the OS will not be swapped - ie faster access
to explorer and stuff like that....

but be aware of the following

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323608

more reading