[simpits-tech] First Helopit pictures

Bubba simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 02 Jun 2003 18:39:40 -0500

Roy Coates wrote:

> That's handy bendy MDF. It's 6mm MDF with a gazillion kerf cuts to one
> face. See http://www.helopit.com/misc/ for pics.  You should find it
> at
> any large DIY store.

Or you could always make your own. I, however, will not help. I will sit on
the side with a beer and laugh ;)

Seriously, though, if you can't find the pre-hacked stuff it wouldn't be too
time consuming to cut it yourself as long as you made a base for a router or
circular saw that would follow the last cut you made and space 'em out every
1/2" or so.

Personally I'm going to stick with foam and glass since it's lighter and I
have more glass sitting around than I know what to do with... literally...
20 yards each of 24 oz. tooling cloth and really, really heavy mat.
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net