[simpits-tech] [OT]Interesting flight...

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 19:56:41 -0700 (PDT)

> > > A very pretty plane the 737 - well proportioned, it looks like it should
> > > fly, unlike some of the other behemoths which certainly don't!
> > >

> > I agree.  The moment arm on some of those stretched out MD-8x and 9x jets
> > must be incredible.  I found out this morning that it was actually a -400
> > model.  It still had the nice glass cockpit configuration though.
> >

> Were you able to visit the flight-deck ?
>
> I know this was a common thing pre 9/11 - I wonder how easy it is (if at
> all) now?

I got a quick eyeball on it as I was rushed on and off the aircraft.

The killer is that I just found out today that I was within 10 minutes of
Chino Airport while I was in California.  I could've screamed. *sigh*

g.