[simpits-tech] Intereseted in selling your EPIC USB card

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:08:48 -0700 (PDT)

> I'm just using 16 analogs, but we are using are controlling the epic via a
> remote computer using a Visual Basic.   The problem here is that we cannot
> run the analogs across the network (via fsuipc) without major frame rate
> hits.

Ok.  You do know that Ralph built in support for 22 analogs in the USB
EPIC, right?  AFAIK you have to add a connector to the main EPIC PCB to do
it.  Ralph would (of course) have the skinny on it.

> Interesting idea on the phidget.

The Phidget SDK it VB oriented so it should work out well for you.  Check
out this link:

http://www.phidgets.com/cgi-bin/store2/index.cgi?exact_match=yes&product=InterfaceKit&cart_id=1400957.12805

It shows the 8/8/8 device only.  I don't know if Chester is producing the
8/0/8 (8 digital inputs, 0 digital outputs and 8 analog inputs) yet.  You
might want to call him and found out.  His phone # is on the main Phidgets
homepage.

> Right now I'm using two expansion modules on one usb epic (new GAL chip).

If you need more inputs and you're going to write code to back them, the
0/256/0 Phidget is a great deal for inputs.

g.